Welcome to the CVRP Applied Ethics Vocational Rehabilitation Practice Learning Module. On completion of the program, 4 ethics CEU credits will be awarded. Registrants need only to download the completion certificate from the completed program and upload it to the CVRP website for update of CEU reports.
Traditionally most vocational rehabilitation decisions are thought to be based on consideration of the client’s physical, social, economic, education and vocational history; expressed interests and goals; and available service provider, family and community resource. However, when making ethical decisions, Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals are also influenced by their own personal values, the values of their client and the values present in their organizational culture. As a result of conflicts among these values, Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals frequently confront ethical dilemmas.
Professional ethics encompass the personal, organizational and corporate standards of behaviour expected of professionals. Professionals and those working in acknowledged professions, exercise specialist knowledge and skill. How the use of this knowledge should be governed when providing a service to the public can be considered a moral issue and is termed professional ethics. Professionals are capable of making judgments, applying their skills and reaching informed decisions in situations that the general public cannot, because they have not received the relevant training. One of the earliest examples of professional ethics is probably the Hippocratic oath to which medical doctors still adhere to this day.
After completing this Education Module the participant will be able to: Understand the implications of personal ethics and professional ethics; Identify major schools of ethical theory; Identify the five values associated with ethical decision making; Understand the implications of psychological processes on ethical decision making; Understand the steps in the ethical decision making process.
To register for our online education please fill out the form below.
To help you navigate the site, we have listed some helpful hints:
1. On receipt of the registration and payment for the learning module, CVRP Administration will forward the access information that will allow you to start the program. By email, you will receive a user-name and a password, according to the email you recorded on the registration form. You will have 30 days from the day you are given the access information to complete the module. This is a learning program, not a graded test.
2. The flow of the learning module is designed to be completed in a consecutive manner. Although there are six sections, there are quizzes after Section 2, Section 3 and Section 6 only. At the end of Section 2, 3 and 6, there is a short quiz of multiple choice questions in the sections. All questions must be answered correctly before you can proceed to next section. If you have wrong answers, return to the written material of the section to find the correct information and re-take the quiz. Please note that all quiz questions are shuffled and must be answered correctly again. In this way, correct information is learned and better retained for application to daily job tasks. A quiz can be taken repeatedly until you are successful in completing the questions correctly.
3. Use the navigation bar located on the right side of the learning module. Expand the section to use the link in red.
4. Because of the complexity of the material, it is recommended that you schedule breaks between the sections or plan to divide the module up over 3 different times or dates.
5. If you are experiencing any difficulty with access or returning to the module, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
6. When you have completed the course, it is your responsibility to download the certificate, and then upload it to your profile on the CVRP website. CEUs will not be awarded until the certificate is submitted. To submit credits, login to cvrp.ca and go to this page: https://cvrp.ca/my-profile/.