Welcome to the CVRP learning Module, Beyond the Code of Ethics. On completion of the program, 5 ethics CEU credits will be awarded.
Registrants need only to download the completion certificate from the completed program and upload it to the CVRP website for update of CEU reports.
According to Handlesman, et. al., historically, the field of ethics in the helping professions has focused on what not to do. Those involved in professional ethics were seen as individuals who were rigid and uptight. It has been seen as a joyless field, waiting to catch someone doing something wrong.
Recently there has been a growing body of knowledge which examines the idea that ethics should not be just stopping individuals from doing wrong actions; rather it looks at encouraging those in the helping profession to reach for their highest ideal. The field of Positive Ethics focuses not only on how professionals can not harm those they are providing service to, but on how they can do better at helping them.
This module will examine a short history of ethical thought which led to the development of all the professional Codes of Ethics, including the CVRP’s Code of Ethics. Then there be an examination of positive ethics, which looks at developing and supporting moral character beyond the Code of Ethics. Finally, there will be an examination of ethical maturity – where the CVRP continues to increase his/her sensitivity to ethical issues.
After completing this Module the participant will be able to:
• Understand the historic development of ethics over the centuries
• Identify the differing ethical schools and their major concepts
• Understand the concepts of positive ethics
• Utilize positive ethics in ethical decision making
• Understand the concepts of ethical maturity
• Increase personal ethical sensitivity
To register for our online education please fill out the form below.
To help you navigate the site, we have listed some helpful hints:
1. On receipt of the registration and payment for the learning module, CVRP Administration will forward the access information that will allow you to start the program. By email, you will receive a user-name and a password, according to the email you recorded on the registration form. You will have 30 days from the day you are given the access information to complete the module. This is a learning program, not a graded test.
2. The flow of the learning module is designed to be completed in a consecutive manner. Although there are five sections, the first section is a brief overview of the course, while section 5 contain Appendix 1 and 3 pages of reference end-notes. There are quizzes after Sections 2, 3 & 4.
3. All quiz questions must be answered correctly before you can proceed to next section. If you have wrong answers, return to the written material of the section to find the correct information and re-take the quiz. Please note that when you take the quiz again, the question order and the answers are shuffled and must be answered correctly again. In this way, correct information is learned and better retained for application to daily job tasks. A quiz can be taken repeatedly until you are successful in completing the questions correctly.
4. Use the navigation bar located on the right side of the learning module. Expand the section to use the link in red.
5. Because of the complexity of the material, it is recommended that you schedule breaks between the sections or plan to divide the module up over different times or dates. Remember that you can enter the program unlimited times over the 30 day access period.
6. When you have completed the course, it is your responsibility to download the certificate, and then upload it to your profile on the CVRP website. CEUs will not be awarded until the certificate is submitted. To submit credits, login to cvrp.ca and go to this page: https://cvrp.ca/my-profile/.
If you are experiencing any difficulty with access or returning to the module, please contact CVRP at info@ cvrp.ca for assistance.