Please note that the College reserves the right to update application criteria for any and all credentials; however this will be communicated to potential applicants via the College website and email blasts 90 days in advance of any changes.
The process to achieve a Dipolmate classification is as follows:
Applicants for the CVRP(D) certification must meet the similar criteria as described for the Fellow classification criteria, as follows:
- Have their CVRP certification, in good standing, or have met the application criteria for the CVRP certification.
- Have a Master’s degree or higher from an accredited university or college program in a related area (e.g. vocational rehabilitation; rehabilitation counselling; disability management; rehabilitation science; life care planning; psychology; counselling; social work) or Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC, CRC) or Certified Life Care Planner (CCLCP, CLCP) in good standing. A WES must accompany any International Education.
- Have completed 800 hours of an approved VR practice setting as part of their Master’s or Doctoral degree (or equivalent as approved by The College)
- Provide a resumé confirming at least ten years performing VR related work.
- Two letters of reference from employer or colleagues confirming VR related work.
AND have at least five (5) of the following:
- Developed and presented or co-presented at least three presentations in the area of Vocational Rehabilitation that were at least an hour in presentation time each, over the past five years, to your peers or another professional body at a conference where CEUs were awarded;
- Developed and delivered at least one keynote presentation in the area of VR that was three hours in presentation time, over the past five years, to your peers or another professional body at a conference where CEUs were awarded.
- Authored or co-authored a minimum of two articles in the area of VR in peer-reviewed journal(s) that were at least 1000 words per article;
- Have designed and developed a minimum of one full course curriculum related to VR for a recognized post-secondary institution (university or college).
- Have taught a minimum of one full course at the post-secondary level in the area of VR within a post-secondary institution (university or college);
- Confirm being retained as an expert witness in VR in one of the following settings where your work product was tabled and/or you testified: court, tribunal, mediation, arbitration; OR submit two letters from referring agents that your professional work product was used to defend a position, either plaintiff or defence, in legal proceedings.
- Served a minimum of two years, in the past five years (as elected by your peers) on a provincial, national, or international board, that advocates for and represents professionals working in the field of VR; OR served a minimum of one year, in the past five years (as appointed by your peers) on a provincial, national, or international VR related standing committee, that advocates for and represents professionals working in the field of VR; OR served a minimum of one year, in the past five years (as elected by College) to a provincial or national regulatory college relevant to the profession of VR.
- Provide confirmation of mentoring a minimum of two individuals in VR, within the previous five years of the date of the application for classification, with letters co-signed by you and the persons mentored confirming same, along with what areas of VR were taught (for a period of one year in duration) with at least 100 hours of direct one-on-one time
- Formally contributed to the development of the CVRP exam or another VR exam for a recognised professional body for at least 8 hours of exam preparation time.