The mandate of the College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals is to protect the public and establish the minimum requirement of competency and certification. The primary function of the College is to ensure Registrants are qualified, competent and following clearly defined standards of practice and ethics.
The College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals is the international, self-regulatory body for the vocational rehabilitation/evaluation profession. The College is responsible for protecting the public by setting, enforcing standards and guidelines while governing the conduct of our professional Registrants. The College will uphold the quality of accredited VR professionals and act on behalf of a member of the public who is concerned about the vocational rehabilitation and return to work services they have or have not received.
What does the College Do?
- Exists to protect the public from incompetent and unqualified practitioners through certification.
- Ensures vocational rehabilitation practice excellence through Standards of Practice and a Disciplinary process.
- Ensures ongoing Registrant competency through annual registration and mandated continuing education.
- Meets the standards of other professionally regulated colleges.
- Is a not-for-profit, federal corporation with international registration.
- Is governed by a Board of Directors.
What Do Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals Do?
Given the number of individuals with vocational disabilities and/or disadvantages, and their impact on the persons involved and society as a whole, there is an international need for services provided by Certified Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) professionals.
A VR professional assesses, evaluates and identifies persons who are experiencing (or at risk of experiencing) a vocational disability or disadvantage. A VR professional seeks to develop and execute vocational rehabilitation and return-to-work (RTW) plans designed to achieve or restore optimum vocational and avocational outcomes. These outcomes are achieved through the application of knowledge, skills, interventions and strategies that are unique to the discipline and the VR profession.
Click here for more information about what VR Professionals do.
Click here for CVRP’s History.