All applicants must complete the following steps to be considered for registration:
A new applicant must complete all sections of the New Registrant Application Form, submit all application and examination fees. Please refer to CVRP Fee & Tax Schedule – Click here
On-line Application Form for Examination 2019 – Click Here
The CVRP Jurisprudence education Module MUST be completed on-line a minimum of 15 days to be accepted to sit the examination – Click here
The following documentation must be submitted with all applications:
1. CVRP Jurisprudence Completion Certificate
2. Proof of ability to work in Canada: A copy of a current Canadian Passport or Canadian Birth Certificate. If you do not currently hold Canadian citizenship, you must submit documented authorization under the Immigration Act (Canada) to permit you to engage in employment in Canada.
3. Original education transcripts for suitable education, in a sealed envelope sent directly from the education institution of note.
4. Original Copy of a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check (VSPC), from region of residence:
a) New VSPC – Only the original copy of the VSPC will be accepted. Due to the length of time required by some police services to process request for the vulnerable sector search, if the new VSPC is not available by the examination date, you must submit the receipt of the application for the VSPC prior to the examination. Some Police services require an official form (Toronto Police Services – TPS) or letter (Ontario Provincial Police – OPP or Royal Canadian Mounted Police – RCMP) before processing a Vulnerable Sector check.
Please contact the Administrator of the College, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any of the above noted supporting documents. We will need your full name, your date of birth, your current address with postal code and the full name of the police detachment and its full address to provide the form/letter back to you.
b) Completed VSPC – If you already have an original copy of a previously completed VSPC, the College will accept that search if the date of completion is within 2 years of the date of the College application.
3. Proof of VR Experience:
a) If you are a practicing VR professional with a VR related university education: a detailed Curriculum Vitae, showing a minimum of 800 hrs of directly related work experience must be submitted.
b) If you are a practicing VR professional with non-VR related university education: a detailed Curriculum Vitae showing a minimum 24 – 36 months of directly related work experience must be submitted.
c) If you are a new graduate of an accepted VR or Disability Management degree: transcript documentation or a signed affidavit or 2 written attestations of 800 hours of practicum experience must be submitted.
5. Provide proof of Errors and Omissions Practice Insurance. Click here for more information. If you are a new graduate, this document is not required to be eligible to sit the examination BUT MUST BE submitted with registration fee to complete College registration.
6. Successful completion of the 300 question, 6 hour CVRP Competency Examination.
To review the Policy and Procedure for CVRP Examination , please click here
The CVRP competency examination is a 6 hour written Vocational Rehabilitation competency examination, which consists of 300 knowledge and skill-based, multiple-choice and scenario-type questions. The process for the development of this competency examination and the description of the nine (9) Core Competencies . Examination content is standardized and a passing grade is 70% is required for Registration. For more information about the CVRP core competencies, click here.
The College has a “zero-tolerance” policy for cheating on any certification examination. If any examinee has been found to be cheating immediately before or during any time of the examination period, that person will be asked to leave the examination site immediately and their examination paper rated at zero. Eligibility to be accepted to write the CVRP examination will be determined by the College’s eligibility Policy with regard to cheating.
Please click here to view the examination rules to ensure that your are in align with the dress code and the expected behavior .
For further detail, please refer to the CVRP New Application Policy and Procedure – click here