The operation of the College depends on ‘Member Volunteers’, who are appointed by the Board of Directors to the Standing Committees. This section provides a brief description of the function of each committee.
The Executive Committee is the only Standing Committee that does not include volunteers. As set out in the General By-Law #1, the members of the Executive Committee are the President, the President-Elect, the Secretary/Treasurer and the Executive Director of the College. A Board Director is responsible for each the remaining committees.
For those members of the College who are interested in contributing their time and expertise to the operation of the Standing Committees, please send a request for consideration to email@example.com .A response will be provided in a timely manner.
The Standing Committees are as follows:
- Reviews and recommends the annual operating and capital budget
- Makes recommendations regarding the management of assets and liabilities of the College
- Seeks candidates for the Board of Directors
- Manages the affairs of the Board in between Board meetings and reports actions to the Board
- Provides guidance on matters concerning registration and education, the evaluating and qualifying examinations and in-service training required prior to an applicant being granted a certificate of registration and membership with the College
- Reviews applications for registration
- Considers applications to remove or modify any terms, conditions or limitations placed on a members certificate of registration.
- Reviews, investigates and considers written complaints made about members
- Takes action where a complaint in respect of a member is upheld
- Hears and adjudicates allegations of professional misconduct and incompetence referred to it
- Considers applications for reinstatement or to remove or modify any terms, conditions or limitations placed on a members certificate of registration
Fitness to Practice Committee:
- Assesses referred allegations or concerns about a members capacity to practice
Professional Practice Committee
- Develops, maintains and reviews standards of practice and programs to ensure continued competence of members
- Provides Continuing Education opportunities for member Assesses referred allegations or concerns about a members capacity to practice
The CVRP By-Law No.1 was revised and accepted at the 2014 AGM to include the Examination committee as a Standing Committee of the College. The purpose of the committee is to meet annually to produce the highest quality, reliable and valid vocational rehabilitation examination through annual review of the current question bank and continuing to develop, review and validate new questions. As of March 2015, there are 700 constructed and reviewed questions, which allows the College to have a solid question bank from which to draw the exam content and that challenges individuals taking the CVRP entrance examination.